The following Press Release about Paris By Mouth will certainly be of interest to my loyal readers:
June 11, 2010
Paris by Mouth, a collaborative website from eleven of the most respected food writers working today, launches with more than 1000 pages about eating and drinking in Paris.
Paris by Mouth (http://parisbymouth.com) is a different kind of guide. We take the food writing that is scattered all over the web, filter out the junk, and present it in a way that helps you follow the trends and find a place to eat tonight. We provide practical information for hundreds of restaurants, publicize exciting food events and wine tastings, and publish photos that (we hope) will get you as excited about eating in this city as we are.
Who We Are
Along with Editor Meg Zimbeck and Assistant Editor Barbra Austin, Paris by Mouth counts an impressive crew of Paris-based bloggers, journalists and cookbook authors among our Contributing Editors: Alexander Lobrano (Hungry for Paris), Clotilde Dusoulier (Chocolate & Zucchini), Christophe Wakim (Chrisoscope), Dorie Greenspan (acclaimed pastry authority), John Talbott (John Talbott’s Paris), Julian Tort (Julot: Ze Blog), Phyllis Flick (Paris Notebook), Sophie Brissaud (Chez Ptipois) and Wendy Lyn (The Paris Kitchen). Collectively, our editors have:
· Penned thousands of articles for food and travel publications, including: Bon Appétit, Saveur, Food & Wine, Gourmet, Olive, Parade, Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, and The New York Times.
· Written 29 books about food and wine and translated 3 more. These books have earned five James Beard awards, one IACP Cookbook of the Year award, and one Rothschild award for Meilleur livre sur le vin.
· Published blogs that collectively draw more than 800,000 monthly page views and count more than 100,000 subscribers on Google Reader. Two have been ranked among the World’s 50 Best Food Blogs.
· Tweeted to a combined audience of more than 25,000 Twitter followers.
What You’ll Find on Paris by Mouth
· Five Great Our Contributing Editors have put their well-fed heads together to choose Five Great places where you can satisfy cravings that range from steak-frites to molecular cuisine. A new list of five favorite addresses will be published every week.
· Our Guide to Paris Because our selections have been made by editors who live in Paris and write regularly about food, the pages in Our Paris Guide present the most up-to-date ideas about where eat, plus practical information about opening hours, atmosphere, price, and how hard it is to book a table. Our collection of “trusted reviews” for each address allow you to see how a restaurant is regarded by the eaters we esteem.
· Daily Porn Glistening food photography – a new image published every day – to complement the millions of words on our site.
· Blogger Buzz We digest the latest food news, reviews and gossip about food and wine in Paris and republish excerpts (with author permission) on our site. We filter out the junk and post only trust-worthy information.
· Eating & Tweeting We use our @ParisbyMouth Twitter feed to share news about restaurant openings and local food & wine events. We also pass along the delicious ideas shared by local food-minded Paris tweeters.
Contact: Meg Zimbeck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +33 (0)6 22 68 66 82 (from the U.S. dial 011-33/6 22 68 66 82)