6.0 (everyone else) 4.0 (me) = 5.0 Les Caves de Prague, 8, rue de Prague in the 12th, 06.31.01.12.21, open for lunch Tuesdays-Saturdays (Metro: Ledru-Rollin) is a place chosen by others I agreed to for various reasons. It's apparently sort of a franchise/cooperative where 2 chefs cook at lunch, then after 4 PM it's open for tapas and drinks. It looks like a normal wine bar, except nicer.
OK, so here goes the dishes we had:
- a mushroom siup with bacon (quite tasty the bacon on a bland soup)
- a tartare of veal (didn't sample)
- some mackerel (offered)
- encornet with bok choi
- a bouillon (that J insisted I rave about)
- a boeuf bourgignon (I thought was made from the wrst cuts of beef with a thin sauce unlike Collete's in both respects)
- a milk chocolate mousse (OK)
- but a chocolate cake (that was to die for).
Our bill for 4, with almost 2 bottles of wine, 4 coffees and good bread, was 111 E or 55.50 E a couple. Only when I got home and looked at the bill did I notice it said "Youpi & Voila." So that explains my tepid reaction to the food here versus my 3 friends' enthusiasm; it was a repeat of Youpi & Voila, where I was the outlier too.