Louis in the 9th is one of those places where the chef and staff never disappoint even with their no-choice "menus." Today, our friends from across town and we all ordered the "Louis en 3 temps" meal for 32 E (psst: it was more like 9 times but that counts one dish he threw in).
So let me roll them out as they came:
- 3 amuses, one peppery/spicy, one mild and a teeny tiny brioche piece with EVOO
- a "tempura" ball with a terrific sauce
- raviolis of duck and shrimp and fennel slices (whoops no photo, so you get 2 of....)
- a piece of lieu jaune (pollack) with parsnip and warm chestnuts
- an arlette (caramelized cinnamon-flavored mini-palmier) with lemon cream and riz au lait
- 2 mignardises
Our bill for such a tremendously good meal, with two bottles of wine, no bottled water, great bread and 3 coffees was 198 E for 4, thus 99 E a couple.