Clamato, 80 rue de Charonne in the 11th, has become our primary "Sunday lunch go-to place" and it never fails. Today we ate with our friendly French spy and his wife and started off with the diplomat and Colette's fave - a Beaujolais. And I began with 6 Utah Beach #2's which were perffect.
The dishes rolled out something like this:
- accrabes with waikaina
- smoked eel with beets and buckwheat
- mackerel with spinach & nuts
- artichoke with poutargue and potatoes
- tacos filled with haddock, pickles and a very spicy chive sauce
- grondin with nasturtiums
- red Brussel sprouts and tarama.
Our bill with two bottles of wine (comp'd evidently), no bottled water and three coffees was 129 E, thus 64.50 E a couple. I think I gotta go back and reimburse them for the wine. Remind me, eh?